BEYOND THE BREW
1. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) recommends 2L and 2.5L fluid intake per day for women and men, respectively
2. Ruxton CH and Hart VA. Black tea is not significantly different from water in the maintenance of normal hydration in human subjects: results from a randomized controlled trial. Br J Nutr. 106(4): 588-95, 2011.
3. Ruxton CH, Phillips F and Bond T. Is Tea a healthy source of hydration? Br Nutrition Foundation. Nutrition Bulletin, 40, 166-176.
4. US Department of Agriculture Database for the Flavonoid Content of Selected Foods Release 3.2. September 2015, slightly revised No-vember 2015. 1 cup of fresh orange contains approx. 37mg, 1 medium sied red apple contains approx. 45 mg, 1 cup of cooked broccoli contains approx. 3 mg
5. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. 2015 – 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. 8th Edition. December 2015. Available at https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/.