Lipton Black tea is on a mission to help you get rid of that belly fat that has been driving you mad. Black tea can be filling, helping you break that binge eating cycle.
The Center for Human Nutrition at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, found that both black tea and green tea are rich in Polyphenols.
Polyphenols are small enough to be absorbed into the bloodstream and body tissues, and they can alter the liver’s energy metabolism in a way that promotes weight loss. So wouldn't it be awesome if you could reward your hard dieting efforts with a treat, and do it with a Polyphenol rich super food combined with the a light, dairy free, alternative to a regular cake?
Well you're welcome! That is what we are offering here for you. It is still decadent enough to be on the naughty list. So try to limit this treat to a once a month indulgence.
3 Lipton black Tea tea bags
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
170 grams of coconut oil, room temperature 1/2 cup of raw granulated sugar 2 large eggs, room temperature 1/3 cup of honey + 3 extra table spoons 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract 2 cups of all-purpose flour 2 Tablespoons of coconut cream
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder Pinch of salt
Honey whipped cream Icing Ingredients:
13–14 oz coconut cream (chill it for an hour, although overnight works best) 1/4 cup raw honey 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven on 175C.
2. Pour hot water onto the Litpton Black Tea teabags in a small pot and then add the almond milk.
3. Bring mixture in pot to a simmer on medium heat then turn the heat off. Leave the teabags steeping whilst cooling down to room temperature.
4. Beat coconut cream, coconut oil and sugar together until light and fluffy – approx. 3 min.
5. Add the eggs one at a time and beat into the creamed coconut oil until the mixture is again light and fluffy – approx. 2 min for each egg.
6. Then add 1/3 cup of honey and vanilla extract – beat until smoothly combined.
7. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Beat the flour mixture and the black tea infused almond milk (cooled down to room temp) alternately with the creamed coconut oil-mixture, starting and ending with the flour-mixture. Mix each step until just smooth and avoid over working the batter.
8. Grease the inside of a loaf pan and dust with flour. Make sure to tap the pan to release excess flour. Pour the batter into the pan, and swirl 3 table spoons of honey into the batter with a spoon.
9. Bake in the oven until golden brown on top and a wooden skewer comes out clean from the centre of the loaf (approx. 50-60 min depending on the oven).
Method for Frosting
1. Pour chilled and hardened cream mixture into a bowl. Discard the water portion.
2. Add your honey and vanilla
3. Beat until fluffy and smooth.
You can pair this treat with Black or Green Lipton Tea and maximize on those Polyphenols.
Enjoy your treat.
Don't forget to write us or send a picture about how your treat turned out.