Sixty-five million Brits can’t be wrong, and they believe there’s only one way to make ‘a proper’ cup of tea – and that’s with milk. What’s more, it couldn’t be easier. All you need is a kettle, a mug and five minutes to spare. Then just follow these few simple steps.
- Add a Lipton® Black teabag to your favourite cup.
- Boil water and pour over the teabag.
- Wait 3 to 5 minutes for tea to brew, without stirring or sqeezing the teabag.
- Remove the teabag and pour in a dash of milk. Note: milk should act as a flavour-enhancer, so you only need enough to add creaminess. Too much milk will mask the taste of the tea. Judge it by the change of colour as you add the milk and aim for an even tan shade — a very pale brown means you’ve probably poured in too much.
- Stir with a spoon to blend evenly.
For both of the above methods you can use soy or almond milk instead of cows’ milk.