Want to know how to make milk tea the traditional British way? The method below is how tea is predominantly drunk in the UK and Ireland, and it’s even simpler than making a tea latte. All you need is a kettle, a mug and 5 minutes to spare…
How to make it:
- Add a Lipton® Black teabag to your favorite cup.
- Boil water and pour over the teabag.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for tea to brew, without stirring or squeezing the teabag.
- Remove the teabag and pour in a dash of milk. Note: milk should act as a flavor-enhancer, so you only need enough to add creaminess. Too much milk will mask the taste of the tea. Judge it by the change of color in the blend as you pour, and aim for an even tan shade – a very pale brown means you’ve probably poured in too much.
- Stir with a spoon to blend evenly.
For both methods above, you can use soy or almond milk instead of cows’ milk, if this is part of your diet.